Thursday, June 22, 2023

Halfway point

Radar sleeping as my arm goes numb trying to get this photo.

Have you ever woken up and realized that far more time has passed than you're comfortable admitting?

I don't mean suddenly sitting up in bed one morning and having an epiphany, I mean maybe you're sitting in a conversation and somebody says something that Stokes a point of thought or reflection in your mind. The last entry I made on here spoke to the amount of burnout that I was dealing with. Thankfully it seems that a good amount of that burnout has started to fall to the side. I had to come to terms with a lot of what went wrong in 2022, and how I wanted to approach it in a constructive way and build upon that.

As I'd mentioned before of course I go to therapy, and thankfully I also have access to a career coach.

It's allowed me a forum filled with the combination of interaction, intense self reflection, and then understanding that it's not so much procrastination as much as it is avoidance that I am putting myself through. Originally I was going to list out a whole bunch of things that were negative aspects I had to deal with, and although that might be a really good exercise for myself, I don't think it makes the best blog post. 

What I will focus on, is some of the positive things that have happened for me. The most important of which has been an honest start on organizing a lot of the overwhelming things I need to finish and accomplish so that I can move onwards professionally and personally. I'll go more into depth on those things in another post.

In other news, I recently was given an opportunity to speak on the subject of artificial intelligence and how it affects creatives, and lead a discussion about it with the attendees. 

The presentation was to a small and enthusiastic group of people that had a lot of questions, and a lot of input, which made for really enjoying and inspirational evening. What led to this was that I had created a one hour video of me reacting to working in the program Adobe Firefly some weeks prior. I was pleasantly surprised when a friend of mine who works at Adobe had shared that with his coworkers, this video in turn had led to me doing this talk on AI. It now looks like I might have an opportunity to go on the radio on KKFI possibly, and speak more about it. 

It's funny where life can take you and what you end up doing that isn't necessarily outside of your wheelhouse, but it's still unexpected. I've updated the page on here is showing the conventions and events I will be taking part in for the remainder of the year. There's still two or three events I'm waiting to hear back on, so fingers crossed I'll be able to get into those. 

Late nights and irregular hours have started to infiltrate my days again unfortunately. I know that's not good for my health but there's a lot of times when I feel like the only time I'm able to think is late at night. There's a lot of times my mood swings get the better of me, and I can find myself being impatient, annoyingly driven, and prone to moments of heavy self doubt. I think that can happen to anyone whenever life seems overwhelming. I used to think this was connected to having a midlife crisis, or maybe just getting through the COVID years, But I think it's a more general feeling that I found other people have as well. 

It's a feeling of aimlessness, questioning ones place in life, and even aspects of feeling isolated in one's thoughts. For a few months I'd wondered if I was ever going to blog again. I honestly didn't have a whole lot that I wanted to write about on here. But then I remembered how much my website and this blog in particular has remained an archive of memories for me, and many of the very kind comments that people have told me over the years. 

That led to me getting into the editor and starting to do some small updates on the website overall and then writing out this blog. It was also because I was working on my YouTube channel which yesterday was the 13 year anniversary of me having logged on to YouTube for the first time and started up this channel. That is so surreal to think about. I struggled for a long time to get followers and in the last few weeks I've managed to start growing once again. 

Granted I'm uploading videos a lot, it's been daily content for about 3 months now. I'm still learning and I'm doing what I can in lieu of the fact that I no longer have my Etsy store, and need to drive traffic to my gum road store and to any live events I'll be selling at. I think that's enough for now, I'm looking forward to doing reviews of shows and finishing up the reviews for the last three shows of 2022 that I never did publish. On that note quickly eventually the archives I have for past shows and events will be going away and they will be replaced with either publications or downloadable PDF files. There's a couple of reasons for this that I'll not get into right now, but I need to streamline this website and organize a lot of my older stuff.

Thank you so much for reading, I am Mario, the Artisan Rogue, and until next time, remember to support artists and local businesses. And if you liked what you've read, and want to support the blog, there's a donation button just below.

Be kind to your fellow beings and always take the path less traveled. We all may live in times uncertain, but kindness, understanding, and believing in the good that is in most each and every one of us is what can bring about better days!








Mario, the Artisan Rogue
Illustrator, Voice Actor, Writer, Animal Rights Activist
-All photos, editorial content, created by me. One dude. Thank you for reading.-
www.theartisanrogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment