Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Animals inspire me

One of the most rewarding things that helps me believe in the better things in this world, is being able to foster and help animals get adopted, or have somewhere to stay on the way to their new homes.
Tia and Mia, and Wally

I'm notoriously known for getting attached to animals, but over time, I've begun learning that even though I never forget any of them (mainly because I photograph the hell out of all of them), there is a bit of sadness that fosters, rescuers, so many people with helping hands, are needed to help animals in need.

Tiny Terror (aka Candyland)
Animal rescuing can run the gamut from the cute pups you see above, to the baby snapping turtle that I got out of the bus lane after school over in Harrisonville (next to last photo below).
Topsy, Flop, Turvy
In days like this, compassion, understanding, and a willingness to help, these are things that I hope I can bring more and more into the world with every effort I do.
Eat your heart out Steve Irwin!

It permeates my art from time to time, but not as much as I'd like. And many times, I find myself wondering how to let it do so.

But then again, I guess it does, just by being a part of my life. Just like my longest living cat, Zero, whom I had to let go just a few weeks ago. He was a part of my life ever since he was a scrappy little barn cat with a scraggly fluffy coat, and grew to be a grumpy, fierce, and lovingly bi polar 16 year old part of my life. I miss you so much buddy, and the studio is really odd without you down here.
Zero, I'll always look at the grey and white in my facial hair and think of you. See you at the bridge someday...
Until next time, support your local artists, be kind to your fellow beings, and always take the path less traveled!

Mario, the Artisan Rogue
Illustrator, Podcaster, Writer, Toy Collector, and Animal Rights Activist
www.theartisanrogue.com

2 comments:

  1. Mario, I’m so sorry about Zero. It is so hard to say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Beth. It never is any easier, no matter the times I go through this, but I am ever grateful for the years of memories that every one of my animal companions have brought me.

    ReplyDelete