I'm Mario Mora, (aka "the Artisan Rogue"), an Independence, Missouri based freelance creative, focusing on retro themed stories, illustrations, and writings, inspired by robots, anime, comic book, monster movies, and a lot of video games.
More than thirty years ago, I learned HTML and made my first website on Geocities so I could put my artwork online, and embarked on trying to make a living as an artist.
Over the years, this website has grown into a record of my journey and my creative efforts from success to failure, across multiple places I've worked and learned.
These days, websites like this may not be fashionable, but I do feel they are needed. It's a way to connect and evolve along with the creative world I work within. So thank you for taking the time to look around on here. It's appreciated, more than words could ever say.
My current endeavors and upcoming releases include:
- "Ardor: Vol 1" - upcoming graphic novel
- "The World of Ardor" - collection of the concept art behind the story
- "Pagan Zoetrope" - re-release of the original graphic novel with additional story and art
- "An Insalubrious Penillion of Verbal Adroitness: Vol 1" - songs and poems
- "The Egos of Gods and Monsters" - security officer stories from the underbelly of society
- "I printed this sketchbook for you to buy." - sketches, musings, and some screw ups
- "Retrophiliac" - book about growing up in the 1980/90s