Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Walking in the Woods

A welcoming little bridge and path beyond.
Not a long post, but thought I'd share some of the sights along some trails I walked and got reference shots for to use on some art I'm currently working on.
Gnarled beauty.
Recent discussions and topics in my poetry group "Unpacking Poetry", led me to want to venture out into some trails to let my mind wander, and of course to get some pictures of anything visually stimulating or relaxing.
Maybe not the most visually arresting shot, but I really liked the way the light was scattered along everything.
 And it's been way too long since I updated my digital photo frame for my desk.
I haven't had a chance to look into this, but  I was surprised to find cactus growing wild all over one part of the trail.

A little rest and cooking area way back towards the end of this trail.
One thing I miss is getting out and finding old abandoned homes and random things like chimneys and fireplaces that are still defiantly standing, long after the houses have vanished.

I had been hoping to find some of these, and I struck paydirt. The creepiest one I have found is located in Warrensburg, up near the Pertle Springs area. That one, if you catch it at the right time, has a circle of mushrooms that grows around the front of it. Almost in a fairie circle sort of way. I first stumbled across that one some years ago, probably around 1996, and it was a little unnerving to see at night.

After that, I became interested in these modern ruins. I've thought for a while about putting together a small publication collection of the random places like this I've seen. A lot of them in a few more years may not be there.
There is such a great eerie beauty to these.
Hope you enjoyed this mini update, I'll have more art videos up soon!

Until next time, support your local artists, be kind to your fellow beings, and always take the path less traveled!

Mario, the Artisan Rogue
Illustrator, Podcaster, Writer, Toy Collector, and Animal Rights Activist
www.theartisanrogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment